Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Swamp Queen

            My new book, The Swamp Queen is ready for download from Amazon.com.
          My wife and I spent over a year living on the Atchafalaya Basin. The camp belonged to a friend of ours, David LaBreche, who was working in France. It was an exciting adventure for us. I spent most of my days fishing and exploring this wonderfully exotic and mysterious place. We cooked our food outdoors whenever possible, and spent our weekends eating doughnuts and freshly cooked bread from T-Sue's Bakery about a mile or two away in Henderson. We moved out when the Army Corps of Engineers decided that it would not allow camps inside the levee anymore. It was a sad day, but the memories we created living on the swamp are still with us, and we remember our short time there fondly.
           When I decided to write this book, my focus was on the relationship between LeGrand and Woody Bergeron, his old college roommate. As the book progressed, I decided that I needed to take LeGrand out of his usual setting. I immediately thought of Lafayette and the Atchafalaya Basin. I spent several years living in the Lafayette/New Iberia area, so I'm familiar with my setting. The book was originally titled What You Gonna Do? from a statement made by Woody Bergeron to John LeGrand, but once I decided on my setting, I changed it to The Swamp Queen for obvious reasons.
          For those of you who decide to read my book, I thank you, and hope you enjoy it. It was a blast writing it.

The Swamp Queen: A Cajun PI Series by [Roy, Jude]


An old college buddy, a missing woman, a dead body, and all clues leading to the great Atchafalaya Swamp has John LeGrand scratching his head. Woody Bergeron, John's old college roommate, stole his girlfriend and married her. Now, she's missing, so he hired John to find her. The Swamp Queen is another Cajun PI caper and this one takes place in the Atchafalaya Basin, 800,000 acres of alligator-infested wetland. Who kidnapped Teresa Bergeron and why? John must find out although it brings back some painful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prologue: The Three Indians

Prologue: The Three Indians The frozen winter wind rattled the windows of our shack. We all sat in a semi-circle around the fireplace. My...